Universal Electric Corporation (UEC) is seeking an Account Manager-Automotive Segment in the greater Detroit area. In this role, the incumbent will be tasked to increase global sales in the automotive segment by developing relationships with existing customers and key influencers, as well as develop new business. Included in this scope would be automakers, tier I & II automotive suppliers, consulting / engineering firms, general & electrical contractors, electrical distributors, etc. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing an annual sales plan, achieving the objectives of the plan, and positioning UEC products for global implementation.
- Achieve or exceed annual revenue objective
- Develop and implement global sales strategies for target automakers, tier I & II automotive suppliers
- Nurturing, sustaining and extending existing automotive accounts.
- Build strong customer relationships with key sales, marketing and engineering personnel
- Prepare, develop, and deliver key value propositions
- Work closely with the domestic/international sales team and channel partners.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities including analysis of customer’s budget, requirements, competitive landscape, etc.
- Monitor automotive market trends, identify emergent technology and its impact, and suggest new products and services
- Develop proposals utilizing company’s quotation system
- Negotiate contracts and assist in their administration
- Attend automotive industry trade shows
- Provide accurate monthly sales reports and forecasts
- Utilize Salesforce CRM system to report opportunities and customer information data
- Manage and drive the growth of automotive sales pipeline
- Promote the company’s image, reputation, and brand identity by maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand electrical products and automotive applications
- Results oriented, self-motivated individual
- Ability to work remotely and in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with CRM software, such as salesforce.com
- International/global experience and perspective is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% – USA and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5-10 years of progressive responsibility in sales, account management, or business development.
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales growth within the automotive sector
- Knowledge of electrical products preferred
- MBA preferred
- Must reside within 50 miles radius of Detroit, Michigan
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Regularly required to stand; walk and communicate with others.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Must have a valid U.S. Passport
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with UEC and does not create a contract of employment.