The Operations Manager is responsible for all activities, output and performance of our Singapore facility. The Operations Manager must model high standards of conduct and lead personally by example according to Universal Global Corporation’s (UGC) SECRIT values (Safety, Excellence, Customer Focus, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork). This position is responsible for ensuring that all products meet quality specifications, testing requirements and design criteria. Additionally, the Operations Manager will ensure that safety, quality, productivity and efficiency goals are met by closely monitoring operational metrics, identifying areas of continuous improvement and taking appropriate action.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets, adjust resource allocation as necessary
- Models high standards of conduct and leadership
- Lead UGC team members to produce quality products on-time according to company polices
- Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that execution satisfies customer expectations and quality standards
- Ensure Syteline transaction accuracy in support of inventory accuracy
- Proactive root-cause analysis to eliminate waste/scrap
- Communicate and facilitate with all other departments located at Corporate Headquarters: Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, Information Systems/Information Technology, etc.
- Evaluate and track quality and production processes quality and productivity in accordance with the ISO 9001 standards in place
- Coordinate closely with manufacturing facilities in Canonsburg, PA, USA, and Slough, UK.
- Establishes and maintains Best Practices and/or Work Instructions for facility
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory compliance procedures
- Purchase non-inventory supplies as required
- Assist in manual labor processes on an as-needed basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in an autonomous atmosphere
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must have knowledge of regional trade matters such as import, export, duties, cost minimization, logistics expedience
- Electrical components and assembly experience is desirable
- Custom manufacturing experience is preferred
- Team building skills including ability to proactively resolve conflict while maintaining harmonious work environment
- Proficiency using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP (Infor Syteline preferred) and inventory flow/control
- Proven ability to lead teams while achieving goals
- Customer centric approach necessary for everyday activities
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Seven years’ experience working in similar operations type roles
- Five years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Previous experience setting up new facility/location
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with UEC and does not create a contract of employment.