Universal Electric Corporation is seeking a Territory Manager for New York City. The Territory Manager will primarily be responsible for increasing sales in the assigned territory. Regional boundaries may change in the future as deemed necessary by the company. In this position, the incumbent will be tasked to increase sales in the assigned territory by developing relationships with existing end users and key influencers as well as develop new business. Included in this scope would be consulting / engineering firms, government agencies, general & electrical contractors, VAR’s, electrical distributors, etc. Duties would also include promoting UEC products at local trade shows, industry events, training sales channel partners, and setting up and participating in “Lunch & Learns”.
Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for developing an annual territory plan and achieving the objectives of the plan. There may be additional duties assigned in conjunction with business needs.
- Achievement of the territory’s annual revenue objective.
- Sales Prospecting
- Direct selling
- Manage existing sales channel and recommend changes as required to meet sales objectives. This may include adding or changing channel partners and training of these partners.
- Develop and implement target market and account strategies
- Negotiate contracts and assist in their administration
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Monitor market trends and identify impact on product development and suggest new products and services to promote and market
- Develop and implement tactical business plans
- Promote the Company’s image, reputation, and brand identity by nurturing, sustaining and extending strategic relationships and building positive working relationships with current and prospective strategic partners/alliances.
- Develop proposals in the company’s quotation system
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain a high level of integrity
- Represent the company at industry trade shows and events
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical knowledge necessary to sell to the data center and other related industry clients
- Ability to travel frequently within the territory and overnight stays when necessary
- Impressive presentation skills including ability to prepare and delivery presentations to key decision makers at all levels within target organizations
- Computer literate with the ability to efficiently work with MS Office programs, the company’s ERP software and other programs necessary to fulfill job requirements
- High level of accuracy and detail oriented
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication, negotiation,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- 5-7 years sales experience required
- Successful track record of sales in a B2B environment, or equivalent experience in strategic company markets (data center, industrial, retail)
- Experience in developing and executing strategic and tactical sales plans
- Progressive responsibility in sales and marketing positions
- Team player with solid cross-functional experience
- Ability to travel 25%+ of the time outside of territory
- Must reside within 50 mile radius of New York City
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Primary environment: Work from home office
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Regularly required to stand; walk and communicate with others
- Ability to travel including air travel.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with UEC and does not create a contract of employment.