The Senior Project Analyst is a finance team member of a dynamic and increasingly complex, international, manufacturing environment, reporting directly to the Assistant Controller. S/he will contribute to the achievement of team objectives, and support the finance team in planning and managing a wide array of finance related projects, including, but not limited to, general control improvements, systems development, process efficiency, international site implementations, mergers and acquisitions, as well as, integration activities.
- Understand the organization’s use of systems, reports, analysis tools, and function as a subject matter expert for finance related systems development projects.
- Ensure that the capability of systems and tools are adequately utilized and propose or develop enhancements as necessary.
- Conduct project research, perform cost/ benefit analysis, assemble business requirements and solution options for management review and approval.
- Ensure data integrity, conduct tests and implement systems, tools, and processes for Finance department.
- Serve as Finance liaison with IT/ IS and maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with all process owners.
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed on time, within budget, and to specifications.
- Cross train with other Finance personnel; particularly, period-end close, standard costing, and general backup.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with international accounting controls and systems.
- Application configuration, implementation and data conversion experience.
- Working knowledge of AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Inventory and GL within the manufacturing environment.
- Ability to multitask responsibilities, and resolve complex problems.
- Strong documentation, communication and organizational skills with the ability to document work in a clear and proficient manner.
- Project Management, acquisition and multi-lingual capabilities are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 6 years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or corporate division.
- 2 years’ experience working in an international accounting environment.
- 6 years’ experience in ERP accounting implementation and usage preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or MBA a plus.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Regularly required to stand; walk and communicate with others.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to have limited travel, as needed, to company subsidiaries.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with UEC and does not create a contract of employment.