Universal Electric Corporation is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Western US. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will primarily be responsible for increasing sales in their assigned area (Northern CA, OR, WA, UT, CO, MT, AK, WY, ID). Regional boundaries may change in the future as deemed necessary by the company. In this position, the incumbent will increase sales in the assigned region by managing sales representatives, developing relationships with end users and key influencers, such as consulting engineering firms and contractors, and promoting products at tradeshows and industry events. This position is a Home based and candidates located in Northern CA, WA, Denver would be preferred.
Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for developing an annual regional sales plan and achieving the objectives of the plan. There may be additional duties assigned in conjunction with business needs.
- Achievement of the region’s annual revenue objective
- Manage sales channel with existing UEC sales representatives, resellers, as well as direct sales people in assigned region and recommend changes as required to meet sales objectives. This may include adding or changing representatives and channel partners, and training of these partners
- Develop and implement target market and account strategy
- Negotiate contracts and assist in their administration
- Create proposals, sales letters and prepare and deliver presentations
- Monitor market trends and identify impact on product development and suggest new products and services to promote and market
- Develop and implement tactical business plans
- Promote the Company’s image, reputation, and brand identity by nurturing, sustaining and extending strategic relationships and building positive working relationships with current and prospective strategic partners/alliances.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain a high level of integrity
- Represent the company at industry tradeshows and events
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical knowledge necessary to sell to the data center and other related industry clients
- Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays
- Impressive presentation skills including ability to prepare and delivery presentations to key decision makers at all levels within target organizations
- Computer literate with the ability to efficiently work with MS Office programs, ERP software and other programs necessary to fulfill job requirements
- High level of accuracy and detail oriented
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Primary environment: Work from home office
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Regularly required to stand; walk and communicate with others
- Ability to travel including air travel.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with UEC and does not create a contract of employment.