The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) for North Asia will be primarily responsible for increasing revenue and profitability through the development and implementation of international growth strategies, including channel, vertical market and target account establishment throughout North Asia. Regional boundaries may change in the future as deemed necessary by the company.
Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for developing an annual regional sales plan and achieving the objectives of the plan. There may be additional duties assigned in conjunction with business needs.
- Increase top line sales in the North Asia market
- Establish and develop multi-channel sales strategy.
- Develop North Asia sales channels, including selecting new representatives, establishing geographic prioritization, developing representative selection criteria, representative relationship support and management, development and administration of representative contracts, pricing strategy, training methods, and support programs.
- Develop and implement target data center end user account strategy
- Negotiate contracts and assist in their administration
- Create proposals, sales letters and prepare and deliver presentations.
- Monitor North Asia market trends and identify impact on product development and suggest new products and services to promote and market within strategic global markets
- Establish annual budget and adhere to approved budget guidelines
- Establish and maintain database of North Asia contacts and accounts.
- Coordinate sales operations with all other departments/divisions of the Company.
- Assists with exportation requirements
- Assists with North Asia trade account receivables and coordinate with Credit Manager and Accounts Receivable
- Represent the company at industry tradeshows and events
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,along with highly developed listening skills
- Impressive presentation skills including ability to prepare and delivery presentations to key decision makers at all levels within target organizations
- Ability to manage stress and work in high-pressure environment
- Responsive and high level of accuracy and detail oriented
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, communication, negotiationand staff development and operations skills
- Enthusiastic with an outgoing personality
- Team player with solid cross-functional experience
- Capable of handling multiple projects
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain a high level of integrity
- Fluent Japanese required
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Have existing network of North Asia critical markets customers and potential representatives
- 5 years experience selling to the mission critical markets specifying engineering community
- 5 years experience selling to the enterprise mission critical markets end users
- 5 years experience in North Asia mission critical market sales
- 5 years experience developing and executing strategic and tactical sales plans
- Proven background in sales growth in the mission critical markets market
- Highly computer literate with high level of PowerPoint expertise, PC proficiency in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of sales contact management databases and CRM systems
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- This position requires up to 60% travel and must be located in Tokyo
- Reports to Asia Pacific Region Manager
- Interfaces directly with others within the sales, engineering, and production and quality departments, customers and specifying engineers
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Primary environment: Work from home office
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Regularly required to stand, walk and communicate with others, sometimes for long periods of time
- Ability to work extended hours when required
- Ability to travel including air travel
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with UEC and does not create a contract of employment.