Universal Electric Corporate is seeking a Director of Business Development. The Director of Business Development is a high visibility position responsible for the business development operations including translating Universal Electric Corporation’s (UEC) plans and strategies to create a diverse portfolio of initiatives to drive tangible growth and earnings. Additionally, this individual will be a high-energy, bottom-line, collaborative, self-starting leader responsible for building and maintaining client relationships while identifying acquisitions, investments and partnerships.
The Director is accountable to:
Participate in setting Corporate Strategy and executing accordingly
Support financial goals of the Company
Provide accurate and timely information and solutions to satisfy all stakeholders.
Model Corporate values and promote the corporate culture
- Strategically leads business development efforts by identifying and pursuing new opportunities
- Conduct research and analysis of current and prospective customers, current market conditions and trends to identify potential new business opportunities that lend to greater diversification
- Functions as a key member in variety of strategic business development projects, including emerging business partnerships and investment opportunities
- Support and drive on-going strategic plans that result in a compelling portfolio of growth opportunities and diversification for UEC business
- Identify acquisitions, investments and partnerships that are aligned with the strategic plans of UEC, the owner family and the Board of Directors. Work with the UEC leadership team to assess acquisition opportunities, rank/prioritize and develop business recommendations
- Lead the UEC leadership team on the integration of acquisitions, investments, and partnerships
- Develop the business development plan in conjunction with the executive team and coordinate overall objectives of the plan with all the functional departments of the company as necessary
- Offer insight on the ability of UEC to develop distinctive, project/customer specific offerings to further strengthen partnerships and diversification
- Prepare monthly and quarterly updates as needed and report to the executive team and senior management on key business opportunities
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to understand technical products and applications
- Sound strategic financial and business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to interface with all levels within the organization and represent the company to major customers and industry associations
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Hands-on experience related to mergers and acquisitions preferred
- Entrepreneurial experience preferred
- International/global experience and perspective is recommended
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or equivalent years of experience
- MBA Degree preferred
- 10 years demonstrated success in relationship management, sales, marketing or business development with at least 5 years focus in business development and/or mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in developing and executing strategic and tactical plans
- Team player with solid cross-functional experience
- Technical acumen
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
- Regularly required to stand; walk and communicate with others
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time; ability to fly for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
Note: The above Job Description is representative of the responsibilities and qualifications necessary to be successful in this role. It does not encompass every job duty or responsibility; other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Further the job description does not alter the at-will nature of employment with UEC and does not create a contract of employment.